Oral DNA Testing
A breakthrough advancement in the fight against gum disease, oral DNA testing from OralDNA® Labs Inc. allows Dr. Greenbaum to perform highly accurate salivary diagnostics. This cost-effective testing can pinpoint signs of gum disease in your mouth at a very early stage, which means we can treat the disease with more conservative methods. Patient prognosis with this early intervention is much more positive than waiting until gum disease has become more noticeably symptomatic.
DNA testing identifies the type and concentration of certain types of bacteria that cause periodontal (gum) disease, so Dr. Greenbaum can properly assess your risk and personalize a treatment that will be best for your individual situation.
Consider asking Dr. Greenbaum for DNA testing if you:
- Would like to know your risk of developing gum disease.
- Are exhibiting possible signs of gum disease.
- Want a personalized treatment plan for your periodontal disease based on your genetics.
- Have children who may be at risk if you have gum disease.
- Have a family member has been diagnosed with gum disease.
- Are considering restorative or orthodontic treatment.
Because a healthy mouth is integral to maintaining overall health, it’s important that you see the dentist regularly and keep up a good homecare regimen. Oral DNA testing for gum disease is one more way that Dr. Greenbaum is pioneering better patient care. Ask us about this cutting-edge preventive measure at your next appointment.